The ACHSC seeks to fulfil its mission of empowering young people to make a meaningful contribution towards realising a world free of cancer through its initiatives, which provide opportunities for high school and university students to:
- Learn about the biology and impact of cancer as disease that affects real people;
- Use their knowledge of cancer to minimise their own individual risk of developing cancer;
- Use their knowledge of cancer to contribute to the fight against cancer.
The ACHSC currently runs five initiatives:
- Victorian High School Cancer Symposium (VIC HSCS)
- New South Wales High School Cancer Symposium (NSW HSCS)
- Australian High School Cancer Competition (HSCC)
- High School Cancer Masterclasses (HSCM)
- University Cancer Case Competition (UCCC).
The ACHSC has modified its initiatives in 2020 in accordance with the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic.
To discuss future collaboration or partnerships, please direct enquiries to email@example.com