The ACHSC seeks to fulfil its mission of empowering young people to make a meaningful contribution towards realising a world free of cancer through its initiatives, which provide opportunities for high school and university students to:
- Learn about the biology and impact of cancer as disease that affects real people;
- Use their knowledge of cancer to minimise their own individual risk of developing cancer;
- Use their knowledge of cancer to contribute to the fight against cancer.
ACHSC currently runs two initiatives:
- High School Cancer Challenge (HSCC)
- High School Cancer Masterclasses (HSCM)
In 2019, ACHSC will be introducing a third initiative targeted at university students: University Cancer Case Competition (UCCC).