The High School Cancer Symposium (HSCS) is Australia’s premiere science event for high school students to learn about cancer and medical research. It is aimed at Year 10 Victorian high school students, though we warmly invite any interested students or teachers to attend. This event has 3 aims:
- Showcase the “bench to bedside” process of cancer research, therapy, and the broader impacts of the disease;
- Provide a rare opportunity for students to experience life as a cancer researcher; and
- Connect high school students with the research community.
Key information about the 2019 HSCS
- Date: Thursday, 18 July 2019
- Time: 9.00 AM to 3.00 PM
- Venue: Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research.
Registration for the 2019 HSCS is now open, and will close on Friday, 14th June, 2019 or when capacity is reached. Register your spot now to avoid missing out on this unique opportunity!
To fully register, students and teachers must complete and submit a valid Media Release form (2019 HSCS Media Release Form) using the link above.
2018 HSCS video
- 2019 Student Information Pack (HSCS & HSCC)
- 2019 Teacher Information Pack (HSCS & HSCC)
- 2019 HSCS & HSCC Terms and Conditions
For any other enquiries, please contact the ACHSC at firstname.lastname@example.org.